Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Monday, March 31, 2008

My Church Family
















Easter Sunday was a mixture of talents. Praise the Lord for our youth! It was such a sweet service and a wonderful day!




I could never count all the wonderful blessings God has bestowed upon me. Giving me such a wonderful church family and place to worship is one of such blessings. We had another sweet spirit filled service yesterday. It was Youth Sunday and we had a visiting preacher who did an awesome job! I heard comments from one of our teenagers who said, "I thought Jesus was coming back just any minute." This young preacher man, preached his heart out, and I think really got the kids attention. Thanks be to God for calling young men into his ministry.


What really touched me, was when at the end of the service, when my nephew that was sitting next to me, who I didn't think was really paying attention because he told me several times how much he hated his new sandals that his Mom bought for him to wear to church and for me not to say anything to her....okay sister C....I didn't tell you:)lol!!!!........out of the blue, tugged on my shoulder and said, "I want to say something about..... you know, my Dad and Arizona." The preacher was asking if anyone had anything else to say and several were testifying and praising God, and A wants to say something. I said, "Well go ahead." He hesitated, and then looked at me with those puppy dog eyes. My heart broke for him, as did my eyes begin to sweat..as he says:) lol!! So I asked him if he wanted me to say it. Yes he wanted me to. I asked prayer for his Dad, because he was in Arizona for his grandmothers funeral, and for him to have a safe trip home.


We don't realize how much kids listen and understand. My nephew A... proved that to me yesterday. This plane trip for his Dad was a traumatic event in his life and it was worrying him. He knows that God can take our worries and fears and make everything okay.


Needless to say, I had a wonderful weekend and yesterday was the icing on the cake. It is so much easier to face the workplace on Monday morning, when your strength is renewed from the Sweet Holy Spirit and the love that flows from breast to breast in my little country church. It doesn't get any better to me than that!


I have a special prayer request for a sister in Christ. She is facing 6 more months of chemo, for a spot found on her liver. She has already been through chemo for cancer in another part of her body. Please pray for her and her family. As she proclaimed yesterday in church....." I win either way!"


Also, help A pray for his Dad as he will be flying back home tomorrow.


Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!


Love to all,

Carrie


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post...I really enjoyed the pictures! God Bless our small town churches...there the best!! I'll be praying for your friend! Oh and of course I'll pray for R safe return home even though C is enjoying not cooking! HEE HEE

Cheryl said...

I loved the pictures of your church family! What a blessing to have a church you love so much. You really have a nice church and the people are great! I can feel the love you have for them through your writing. These kids are adorable! Thanks for sharing your family.....God Bless~