Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

God is Watching Over Us....

Malachi 3:3 says: "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

This was an email I received from my friend S. I don't usually read all the emails I get, but this one caught my attention. Thanks S for sending it my way!

Just as a silversmith sits in front of the fire the whole time, holding the silver and keeping his eyes on it the entire time it's in the fire, so does God when we are in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed. When asked how he knew when the silver was fully refined, he smiled and answered, "Oh, that's easy---when I see my image in it."

When you are at your weakest, with your feet to the fire, God has his eye on you and will keep watching until He sees His image in you. I don't know about you, but I need all the impurities burned away, even if it means I have to feel the heat! Because God knows best for me!!

Now that makes me feel good!!

Update on Mom: I made my morning call to Mom, and she sounded good, although she didn't sleep a wink last night. She said she couldn't even tell she was taking the transplant meds...so I'm assuming that is a good thing. She did say that she would be taking them by IV, when she gets to come home. No problem, we can handle that. Right? Yes, because God said that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us!

To fellow bloggers....what happened to my font color and size buttons on my posting page? And how do I get them back? I sure miss them:)

Love to all,

Carrie

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love this post. It is a real eye opener! This really makes sense to me. I'm not sure about your problems with fonts. Are you wanting to change your fonts and colors? Are the buttons missing? Wish I could help. I'm not really good at this myself, Ross has to help me in times of trouble. If you need him give us a call (I'm in the book). Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Girl you are so good at this blog thing! I love this post and I needed it today. Your Mom is still very much in my prayers! Her strength amazes me.
Wendy L