Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday!

It's Friday...But Sunday Is Coming!!


This day commemorates the crucifixion and death of Jesus at Calvary. As I was beginning to write this, my niece J was helping me, and I asked her what Good Friday meant. She said, "It was the day Jesus died on the cross." Good job J! Other countries call it, Great Friday, Sad Friday, Holy Friday, Long Friday, Day of Christ's Suffering, High Friday and Passion Friday. No matter what language you say it in.....the truth remains the same. God sent his only son to die on the cross for you and I. What a sacrifice...what love!
As I began to study for this week's upcoming Sunday School lesson, I was expecting the lesson to revolve around the events of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. However, the Holy Spirit had another thing in mind. This lesson is about how God keeps promises. Solomon's prayer of dedication was fulfilled when Jesus, the Son of David, died and rose again. II Chronicles 6:12-17; Luke 24:44-49 These passages of the Old and New Testament are interwoven. Together they show how God's plan for the Redeemer was fulfilled in the coming of the Son of David: Jesus. "Thou.....hast kept with thy servant David my father that which thou hast promised him:.....and hast fulfilled it with thine hand" (II Chronicles 6:15) God kept his promises to David and his son Solomon, as he has for you and I. Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Father today, interceding for us.
He bought us, paying for us with the blood of His Son, Jesus. We may not have temples today as in Solomon's day, but we have the Holy Spirit that lives within us. Our bodies are the "temples." My prayer is that my temple will always be holy and acceptable in the sight of the Lord.
That makes this Friday.........GOOD!
Happy Easter to you!
Carrie

1 comment:

K. Tilley said...

Amen, sister. My prayer today is that I would reflect on Jesus death at Calvary EVERYDAY, and not just at Easter.