Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Monday, March 3, 2008

PRAISE THE LORD!

Mom just called me...so this warrants a 2 post in one day, kind of day!! Let me lead you up to what I just heard.

Mom and I were setting in church yesterday morning...and I asked her how she felt. She said she felt better than she had in a long time...which is surprising to us because she is off of some meds that keeps her fluid down...anyway, she looked at me and said "Reckon I've been healed?" I said, "Why sure Mom it could happen"!

Back to our conversation today....Mom said, "The main doctor saw me today and he said that after examining me today, he feels like I can just wait for the heart transplant and NOT HAVE THE VAD!! He told me to gain 10 pounds in the next two weeks and he would keep his word on NOT HAVING THE VAD!!" Okay Mom, you had it now......we are going to eat like pigs for the next 2 weeks...did you get the WE part! I love to eat:) Should be no problemo:) In fact I can see me and the sisters taking Mom out to eat frequently....ummmmm all the cheese cakes and Italian food we can get:)

Ya'll just don't know how bad Mom did not want this VAD thing! She dreaded it like the plague!! She just didn't feel good about it one bit! Ain't God good!! He knows our every need!!

She is on the transplant list and hopefully, if she keeps her end of the deal......we will sit and wait....and I know she will.....because she asked the Lord to intervene on the VAD and HE DID!!

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow, praise him all creatures here below, praise him above ye heavenly host, praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost"

Thank you Jesus for hearing our prayers!

Thank you all for praying....keep it up!!

We love you all sooooooooooo much!!!!

Carrie

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

"PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSING FLOW!" That is so wonderful girl! You make tears come to my eyes. God is good! Thanks for keeping us updated. Love You!

K. Tilley said...

I am speechless! Just like in the song "I can only imagine" where it says "will I be able to speak at all?" I feel the Holy Spirit so powerful right now.....Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

Praise be to GOD!! I think this is the most wonderful news. C was on the phone today with your mom and I couldn't help but wonder what was going on, C was saying over and over I can't beleive it...I'm just so slung, by the time she hung up me and L were just about sitting on her head and when she told us I just wanted to have a good ole Jesus spell!! Thank you Jesus and keep those blessings coming!! Love Ya!
Wendy L

Anonymous said...

It is not good for me to read your posts right when I get to work! I could just sob!! God is soooo awesome!! I will continue to pray. You all need to hit the Cheesecake Factory! Talk about poounds gained! I think she could hit 10 in one meal! Love ya!!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Oh Carrie...that gives me chills! God is so incredibly GOOD! We can help her with that weight thang - no problem there! ;)

Love you!!

Lisa

Deedra said...

This is such awesome news Carrie!!! Praise God!!!! I hope you guys have a wonderful time helping her gain 10 pounds over the next couple of weeks!!

p.s....Reese's eggs are "in season" right now,...those things reeeally pack on the pounds!!..lol