Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

In Loving Memory of Grandmaw Hale


For the B Family,
I want to dedicate this post to my BIL's Grandmaw Hale. The picture above was painted by Mrs. Hale. She gave me this painting, of my old church, as a gift. Everyone in the family got one. She was a wonderful artist. She did this from a snapshot that was taken of the church before the tornado destroyed it. I proudly hang it in my house. It is one of those gifts, that is dear to your heart, as was she.
I met her several years ago, when she came for a visit from California. I don't think that I have saw her since, but I will never forget her. She was a petite lady with a big personality, the kind of person you meet, who you felt you knew forever. She was a very creative, artistic, kind, loving and generous person. My sister C, R & A, received a painting every year, be it for Christmas, birthday's or anniversary. She had a way of expressing her love that way. I love to look at sister's collection of paintings and things that she had made for them.
This is a quote from her husband, "Her battle with cancer came to an end this week. The treatment challenges were great and her willingness to fight were maintained to the end. She used all the medical resources to fight the disease. J, my strong warrior, passed away on March 24, 2008. Her passing was peaceful and she is now in a better place."
She is now free from all pain and suffering. For that, we can be thankful for, although, I know how your hearts are grieved. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Psalm 23: 1-6, "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2. He maketh me lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Please pray for R's safety as he travels to be with his family during this time of loss.
Love you,
Carrie

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful tribute to her. Oh, that is so sweet. You have a neat way with words! Enjoyed this today and thank you so much for your prayers for my family. I will fill you in as soon as decisions are made. Love You!