Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Aha Blog Moment and Other Thoughts

Yes, Oprah would be very proud of me. My Aha Blog Moment finally arrived.....now let me see if I can remember it...just kidding.....I figured out how to get the cute little buttons on my sidebar. Sorry, Lisa, I've been wanting to put your "I Am" study button on my blog, but couldn't figure out how. This blog thang is so much fun. Maybe tooo much fun! It's an addiction! I feel like a need a pill to quit;) I also read an article in a magazine about blog etiquette. Friends please don't feel obligated to post a comment or even read for that matter. And if you don't want me to mention you or your family, please do tell. You won't hurt my feelings one bit. Remember this is my cheap therapy:) I wouldn't want to hurt or offend anyone....yes, not even you hubby:) That's why I'm not showing a pic of the pot-putt boat I bought on-line:) lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the fun we had last night watching it putting around in the bathtub. I better quit while I'm ahead:) The rest of the story on the SCHOOL PROJECT will eventually post, when son #2 actually gets to present the thang! I'm not promising when:) lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby did the right thing, and worked with son #2, teaching him how to build something. My intentions were good, however, not the best solution to every problem. I thought maybe if they had one to look at, then they could fix theirs. Okay enough of that!



My other thought for the day is this: Life is a Roller Coaster!

Mom just called me and said B'ham called and my stomach immediately jumped in my throat. No not a heart, just wanting her to get a mammo done today. She is going to the local hospital to get this done and hopefully B'ham will have the results this afternoon. This is all routine follow ups to the previous one she had done a few weeks ago. The call was to inform her that she was the topic of conversation among the docs today and they want her down there Monday. They will start her on transplant meds and told her to bring her toothbrush...assuming she may have to stay. They don't give a whole lot of details, so this is all I know. Looks like she is getting closer to getting a new heart. I feel so weird saying it like that...but I don't know how to say it any other way. Just pray that the mammo is fine and she can go forward Monday on whatever it is they are going to do. What a change already in plans as to the previous post just the day before on the two week gaining weight deal. This is just part of it. Some days are routine, while others change with the wind.

Blessings to you,

Carrie

1 comment:

Deedra said...

My goodness! This really is a roller coaster ride for your family! We are constantly praying for your mom and your family. I pray the mammogram goes really well and that everything falls into place for the heart as quickly as possible! We know that with GOD all things are possible!!!!!