Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Oh yes it's ladies night!

You know the song, well you do if you are old enough:)

I'm so excited I can't hardly stand myself! My friend K and thepreacherswife, invited me and my sisters to join her to a ladies retreat this upcoming weekend! With Mom in her condition, we are very hesitant in going, but Mom insisted that she was fine and we could not put our lives on hold. Yeah right Mom, we'll just forget about you....NEVER! But she is doing rather well, so off we go!

I was fortunate enough to get to go last year and had a ball!! Not to mention all the wonderful food, fellowship and spiritual renewing! Lisa you rock as a speaker/teacher/motivator, etc! I am praying for you and know that God will speak through you to touch our hearts and souls, so we can return as better/stronger Christian wives, Mothers, sisters, friends, workers...and on and on! I still thumb through my Bible and see notes I jotted down from last years retreat.

The boys are quite excited too! House to themselves, no having to brush their teeth, clean up, and eat desserts first! I feel their excitement too! My only dread is what I'll come home to.......nightmares actually! Anyway, it will be worth whatever price I have to pay, as far as the mountain of clothes that will greet me at the back door, when I arrive home! No toss up here......clothes vs. 2 nights away? No contest:)!!!!

I read an email from Cousin M that really spoke to me this morning!

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain." "True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be." "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

God just spoke through that to me, saying, "no matter what comes your way, I'm there, always have, always will be." "Trust me, I will see you through." With that, I can leave home, with the comfort that no matter what happens with Mom, God is in control and he will show me how to dance in the rain!

Take my hand precious Lord!

Love to all,

Carrie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you! It is worth the mess to come home to, and I do it with such a better attitude after meeting with God on the mountain. I loved what you said about dancing in the rain!! I will join you!

K. Tilley said...

This is for Jeff....(I know you read the blog).....

I'll come home to a house that's in perfect order because Brian will wash all the dirty dishes, clothes and have all uniforms ironed for Monday morning.......LOL

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTERS! I can't wait to see everybody in the mountains. Nothing better than girl time with God! (and a little shopping)
Wendy L