Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Ya'll its Friday!!!

Whew...what a week. I'm looking for the weekend baby!! Why, I don't know? Because weekends are usually busier than my work week! Anyhoo, I'll be at home!

I sat down last night at the piano and turned to a song called, "We'll Talk It Over In The Bye & Bye", or something like that. BTW.....this piano is one I got from my MawMaw...you know the kind that sounds like an old bar piano:) Just a different sound than my other piano. I love it! I play the piano....for myself....mind you, unless I happen to be the only one at church on business night and my Dad makes me play. I have to pick the song:) That should clue you in on how skilled I am at playing the thing. I do love to try. My sister P is the master pianist. Enough of all that...on to the point...I think I have one......the song just summed up what I've been thinking lately. The song talks about how we get to ask the questions and He will tell the why, when we get to heaven. All these earthly trials and tribulations will make sense then. I look forward to the day when We talk it over! Chills people!!! Especially after hearing of the little boy, Trevor, who had this horrific accident.

Our problems are under His feet! That comforts me!

So, at the close of this work week, I want to hold my hands high and look up to the One who knows our tomorrows!

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!

Leaving you the words to the song....

Tho' shadows deepen, and my heart bleeds,I will not question the way He leads;This side of Heaven we know in part,I will not question a broken heart.

Chorus

We'll talk it over in the bye and bye.We'll talk it over, my Lord and I.I'll ask the reasons - He'll tell me why,When we talk it over in the bye and bye.

I'll trust His leading, He'll never fail,Thru darkest tunnels or misty vales.Obey his bidding and faithful be,Tho' only one step ahead I see.

Chorus
We'll talk it over in the bye and bye.We'll talk it over, my Lord and I.I'll ask the reasons - He'll tell me why,When we talk it over in the bye and bye.

I'll hide my heartache behind a smileAnd wait for reasons 'til after while.And tho' He try me, I know I'll findThat all my burdens are silver lined.


Chorus

We'll talk it over in the bye and bye.We'll talk it over, my Lord and I.I'll ask the reasons - He'll tell me why,When we talk it over in the bye and bye.

Carrie

2 comments:

Deedra said...

This is such a great post! I have one of those old pianos too! It's actually my mom's and my grandfather bought it when she was about 2....I guess he was determined for her to play! I get chills thinking about having a conversation with Jesus, or relatives who've passes, or the saints of the Bible! I can't help but think that we probably won't even care about all the "why's" of this life then!

Thank you so much for your comment, and for your prayers this week! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you!

Have a great weekend!

K. Tilley said...

As I was watching the news this morning I got so depressed, they had nothing good to say about anything and I thought to myself "Come Quickly Lord" Maybe that was selfish of me because their are still those who do not call him Lord but it will just be so much sweeter on the "Other Side" when we finish the story untold and can set down with Him and talk awhile...............

love ya sister