Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Thursday, June 19, 2008



Thanks Iris for hosting Thankful Thursday!

Malachi 3:10 (King James Version)
10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.



Let me tell you my net has been broken by all the blessings God has sent my way! Was I prepared.....yes and no. I had prayed and prayed for my sons to be saved, but the moment it came....11 pm after a long day of work and a ballgame.......I was caught off guard. Thanks to the Good Lord, He whipped me into shape, lickety split! I was engulfed with the Holy Spirit that was radiating from my son and it overflowed onto his Dad and brother! What more can a Mother ask? Not one thing!!!

I heard again last night of another young man who received Christ as his Savior! Praise the Lord! I'm looking forward to Sunday to see another sweet boy be baptized. People it just can't get any better! The Lord is moving in a mighty way!!

So, today as I come with a thankful heart, I also want to request prayers for some dear friends of mine. Please pray for:

Brenda-possible stroke and in the hospital
Charles-heart problems-stress test today
Steve-recovering from back surgery
Bynum-facing pace maker surgery
Larry-recovery from heart attack
Dottie-cancer

There are so many more. Feel free to leave a comment if you have a prayer request you would like for me to add.

Join me in lifting our hands in praise to our Heavenly Father for all His Love and Mercy!

Blessings to all,

Carrie

5 comments:

K. Tilley said...

I can still feel the Holy Spirit coming thru from reading your Post's.....ain't it great how He can be so present and so real in our lives!!))** Can't wait to see Him face to face oneday.....won't that be greater than great!!!

May have to borrow Jay if I get lonely or it get's to quiet around here for the next couple of days....Hope the boys have a wonderful time.......

Denise said...

Sweet blessings to your precious heart.

Cheryl said...

Great Thankful post Carrie! I needed that verse today. I was just sitting, thinking of the many blessings that HE has given me and I know that my net is overflowing!! I felt I came here to read this verse today!! Praise God for the blessings HE has given us. Thanks for sharing your sweet heart!! Love You!

Anonymous said...

Oh Carrie, girl my hands are raised so high and I never want to put them down. I can't wait till Sunday....gotta borrow that Mascara! I too feel the Holy Spirit so very much...he is at work on this mountain! Praise God! We are so blessed with such precious boys and I just can't thank God enough for all the blessings! Continue to pray for my Dad...he had a great day today...the pain is better and thanks for posting him on your prayer list. I still think of your Mom so much and pray for her everyday...I know that heart is a coming. Thanks for being such a Great and Godly friend!! I love Ya!
Wendy

southmsmomof4 said...

In the last days He will pour out His Spirit upon ALL flesh. Praising the Lord with you for your sons salvation. You are right. You are so very blessed. I will ask now that you keep my 15yr old son in your prayers that although he has given his heart to God, He start living daily what in his heart he believes. Thank you and be blessed
Stacy