Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sin box, rowdy boys and a dog!




Why is it that the box in the living room/bedroom/kitchens is 90% Satan? After finding out that Grey's Anatomy has gone to pot, I've resorted to swearing off T.V. altogether. And I didn't watch much of anyway. I'm praying the writers will go on strike again.....PERMANENTLY! Who needs it?






Thankfully, if the boys aren't watching sports on the sin box, they are now hammering out a few chords on the electric guitar. I say thankfully very lightly. The few chords they do know, have permanently resonated in my brain. It's one of those catchy tunes that you can't quit singing...day or night. My dream last night had something to do with that tune and Athena looking something like this. Looks are deceiving!







Help!





So what to do in place of the sin box? I'm all ears. If you have any great fun ideas, besides family game night....ours just don't measure up to the commercials you see on the sin box of the happy family gathered around the table:).......please send the ideas my way. As long as it doesn't involve winning, electric guitars or a dog.... I'm all ears:)



I do love them! I weep in my heart every time I see how fast they are changing. After graduation last week, the fact that I will miss them so bad when they spread their wings and fly, makes me savour all the strange noises I hear from their bedrooms. Not to mention the week old, dirty/smelly clothes I find piled in closets:) My love for them is forever!



As for Athena....I guess we'll have to learn to get along, maybe even "love" each other:) But that heifer is going to have to give a little too....this barking in the wee hours of the morning is coming to a "shocking halt!"


I'll leave you with a line I read in my devotion today that summed me up good...."Face it, if you could kick the person responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't be able to sit down for a week."

Romans 12:2 GNT "Let God transform you."



Have a Happy Rainy Day:)


Carrie































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so mad over that last episode of Greys'. Which will be my last. We are too busy to watch too much TV. Thankfully, ALly loves Disney and so far they have not disappointed me too much.

K. Tilley said...

Considering all the "Issues" my family has I don't think I need to be giving any "family" advice. HA

I suggest that you and I live together (not grey's anatomy together) and let the dad's deal with the boys until they've gone thru the teenage years.....LOL
And we won't have any pets either....

With that new basketball goal, you can get out there and show them how it's done.....put the moves on them boys.....

Love ya