Thanks for hosting WFMW!
As we...yes Hubby helped me...... prepare these berries.....the tip was a success. And here it goes:
1) Drinking Straw
2) Freezer bags
1) Don't wash them. Wipe dirt...if needed.
2) Push straw from bottom of berry up through the stem. Tada!
3) You are now ready to put them in a freezer bag for future use!
Now for the bestest part:)
1) I fried up some frozen waffles this morning in a tid bit of olive oil;
2) Poured some warm syrup over them (2 that is);
3) Squirted some cool whip in a can on top of the syrup, that was on top of the waffles;
4) Throwed some strawberries on top of all of that;
5) Garnished with some walnuts!
I was going to show you a picture of that scrumptious breakfast we had this morning....but, I had it ate before I could take the pic. Sorry:) lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, if you need some of these berries....Gilbert Strawberry Farm - Strawberries Hwy 40 East, Henagar, AL 35978. Phone: (256) 657-5581. Directions: Approx 1/4 mi. east of the Henagar red light on Hwy 40 E, Co Rd 134. Open: Mon-Sat, 7 am to until dusk. We pick April 20 to May then we open for U-Pick in June. Call for pricing.
Now go and get 'em while they are fresh!
Happy Day to you!