Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Sad.....

Sad that a man I've known and loved my entire life, died yesterday evening around 6:00 o'clock pm from a heart attack.

Sad for his wife, children and grandchildren. I can't imagine the pain they are experiencing.

Sad that my father and brother are really hurting. They have worked with him for years and years.

Sad that I don't live life to it's fullest everyday.

Sad that I put off things I should have said to a loved one.

All this sadness brings me to the realization that life is too short. We have to make the most of everyday. We have to say what we need to say. We have to give one more hug at bedtime, one more kiss, one more I love you, one more forgiveness, one more thank you, one more witness for the Lord!

I can rejoice in knowing that death doesn't have to be the end. Those of us who are saved have a blessed hope of resting in the arms of Jesus. Living with Jesus throughout eternity! No more tears, no sorrow, no pain and no worry! I have that hope! Do you?

Please pray for the Burgeon Smith family. May God reach His loving hands down and wrap them all up and carry them through this time of grief. I pray that souls will be saved and a drawing closer to Him will result from this death.

Carrie

No comments: