Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mom Update # 2:

I apologize for this update being so late. Yesterday was one of those days.......

To make a long story short....the surgery was not successful. They could not get the pic line/port whatever you call it, in her chest. What we thought was going to be a simple procedure, in fact, turned into surgery....IV, breathing tube, all the way under...2-3 hours....surgery:)

What I know today is that Mom has 2 big bandages on her chest from the attempt to put it in. The whys and hows...we do not know.....yet. She did get to come home last night, and has called her transplant coordinator(Trina) this morning. Trina will be getting back with Mom sometime today with some answers.

I stopped by this morning to eyeball her and she is fine. Very sore, but fine. She still has the pic line in her arm. The exact same place it was. They never moved it, or did anything to it. Lots of questions?

Needless to say, we were bummed about it. However, I'm trusting God, because He knows best. I just have to lay it all at His feet.

Please pray, as Dad said this morning, it's not something that will blow us out of the water.


When I find out the answers, I will update....again......today!

Have I mentioned lately how much I love you all!!!

Carrie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even when things blow us out of the water, they NEVER take God by surprise. I am praying for your family!

Shaunta said...

I know that this happening like it did is hard to deal with. I don't understand why they can't come up with something easier to deal with than the pic line. Still praying for your mom and yall! She is going to have quite a testimony!

Love ya,
Shaunta

Joy Junktion said...

Carrie,
I am praying for your mom and family.
I have been the waiter during many surgeries both before and after my husband's transplant.
I do understand where you are.]
Blessings, Cindy