Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update on Mom

Yesterday was Mom's monthly visit to the transplant doctors. Overall the visit was good. However, she is now doing an at home heart monitor. She has been having some palpitations. No big deal....repeat...no big deal. I would be banned from ever updating you on her, if she ever thought I was making her out to be sick for crying out loud:) lol! You who know my Mom will understand. So, help me out here and don't make a fuss about the palp's and heart monitor. K. She really appreciates your prayers, as do I, we just have to keep up a certain persona that involves making out like she really has all healthy organs. Whatever works..right? And it has now for 2 years! I'm really not making light of the situation nor making fun, it's just how we cope.

But...what I heard from her voice yesterday was that of a woman who is sick and tired of being sick and tired. Again....mums the word. She confirmed that she would not give up. She just had to ask some questions, to which Dr. P replied, "you will get a heart if it's meant to be, if not, you won't. We have people like you (antibody issue) that have been on the waiting list as high as two years and finally got one."

Don't you just love doctor talk. They are honest and to the point. Sometimes we just need reassuring, or reminded of how things are. So, one month with the heart monitor and they have ordered another echo for next month. Both are routine. No alarming news.

To which we are so very thankful to God! He is the giver of life. He has been her sustainer for these last couple of years and will be from now on. That is comforting to me and I know to her too. Our flesh is weak. He knows this. That's where, when it seems we can't take another step, He scoops us up and tucks us under His wings!

Wanna leave Mom an encouraging word....please leave a comment...I'll pass them on to her. Thanks for all your love and prayers!


To God be the glory,

Carrie

P.S. Don't forget to enter to win the One Year Bible Calendar. Go here to enter.

5 comments:

Karri said...

Carrie, please tell your mom that I say a prayer for her (and your whole family) everyday. I don't know her, but I love her. I so admire her determination and humbleness. She has to be one great lady to have raised such great children! Love you all and I wish all of you a very happy '09. Hopefully this will be the year of her transplant!
Karri

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I think of you and pray for you everyday. I am so thankful to be a little part of your family and I am so blessed to have your girls as such good friends. I love you! God will Bless! Looking forward to 2009 and you with a new heart!
WendyL

Deedra said...

Mrs Katherine, You are truly a blessing to me! During the time I have known you and your family, you have embraced me as someone you have known your whole life. Your love for others and your fellowship with Jesus can truly be seen in your face and actions! I know that you are such a strong woman and you are such an inspiration to myself and to so many others! You and your family are in my prayers every day! I know that God will continue to bless you all!
Deedra Pike

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

You are continually in our thoughts and prayers, Mrs. Thompson! It is so inspiring to see the grace in which you've handled this entire ordeal. It is obvious God's presence rests upon you and radiates to the rest of us. Your girls are so blessed to have such a wonderful mom!

K. Tilley said...

Mrs. K.
I love you and your family dearly! You are such an inspiration to me; you are my hero. I hope and pray that I can be just a little like you and my own mom. Always thinking of others before yourself, seeking God and putting Him first like we are instructed to do. Your daughters are my dearest friends and I am so blessed to have them in my life. You have set before them a wonderful example of what a Christian, wife, sister and mother is to be like and I thank you so much for that. You hang on, hold tight to that ever Unchanging hand of His and He will bless you! His promise to us and He always keeps His promises.......Love you!!