Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pushed to the limit.....

Ever been there? To the limit. Yeah, me too! Or at least I think I can't take anymore. I've witnessed this on different occasions these past few weeks. Seems everyone is at their breaking point.....me included. The enemy knows our weaknesses and boy does he ever know how to push our buttons:)

I covet your prayers for a dear friend of mine, who has been pushed to her limit and back. Please pray that she will have the patience and stamina to continue on. This situation involves being the care taker of her Mom. When the roll reverses, it is not always an easy one.

In our daily Bible readings, we are seeing how Job is responding to his woes. What I read today really stuck with me. Job 36:10 says, "He gets their attention and commands that they turn from evil." 36:17, "But you are obsessed with whether the godless will be judged. Don't worry, judgment and justice will be upheld." 36:21, "Be on guard! Turn back from evil, for God sent this suffering to keep you from a life of evil."

When things aren't going my way, the defense mechanisms go on autopilot. Why me? Why now? Why not? Why do good people suffer? Isn't that the million dollar question? I have by no means the answer, but what I got from today's lesson is that no matter what comes my way, God is in control. He knows what I need, whether it be good or bad. It's how I deal that matters the most. And that should be reflecting God's light in my darkest hours.

Let's join our hearts, mind and souls and pray for each other as we make this journey together of reading the Bible.

The song, "Stand" sums it up for me.
[Verse]
What do you do when you've done all you can And it seems like it's never enough? And what do you say when your friends turn away, you're all alone? Tell me, what do you give When you've given your all, and seems like you can't make it through? Stand and be sure Be not entangled in that bondage again You just stand, and be sure. God has a purpose. Yes, God has a plan. Tell me what do you do when you've done all you can And it seems like you can't make it through Child you just stand You just stand Stand Don't you give up Through the storm , through the rain Through the hurt , through the pain
[Chorus]
Well, you just stand When there's nothing left to do You just stand Watch the Lord see you through Yes, after you've done all you can You just stand Don't you bow, don't bend Don't give up, don't give in Hold on, just be strong God will step in and it won't be long
VERSE
Tell me, how do you handle the guilt of your past? Tell me, how do you deal with the shame? And how can you smile when your heart is broken and filled with pain? Tell me what do you give when you've given your all. Seems like you can't make it through? After you've done all you can After you've gone through the hurt After you've gone through the pain After you've gone through the storm After you've gone through the rain Prayed and cried, you've prayed and cried Prayed and cried, prayed and cried After you've done all you can, you just stand. Child you just stand, when there's nothing left to do You just stand Watch the Lord see you through Yes, after you've done all you can You just stand.


Let's just square our shoulders back and hold our head up and JUST STAND!!!

Standing for Him,
Carrie

1 comment:

Deedra said...

I know exactly what you mean! I'm afraid as times get more and more difficult, it's going to get so much worse! I will be praying for your friend. I know how very difficult it is to be a primary caretaker/caregiver.

"The Lord Almighty is with us. The God of Jacob is our fortress."
Psalm 46:7