Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Favorite One

Today's reading about Joseph and his coat of many colors, has struck a chord with me. Ever had a child to say, "well, so and so is your favorite, he gets to do all the cool things, you never get on to him, you make me do everything." lol!!! If you haven't, would you please divulge your secret to me?
Jealousy is one big green-eyed monster. Of course when the "favorite one" seems to be rubbing it in your face, you can justify any actions in your mind about how to show them a thing or two, no matter how dead wrong you are! How many times in my life have I let jealousy cloud my judgement, my behavior, my life? Or maybe it wasn't jealousy, but someone hurt my feelings. Thus, defense mode sets in and the boxing gloves are on.
My prayer today is to clean out the gutters of my heart and live freely, every day no matter who, what, where or when comes my way.
"Mind Set"...it's all how you look it at.
These are from an email I read this morning...thanks SL.
1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.
God is so good,
Carrie

2 comments:

sharon said...

Your welcome. I hope that you have enjoyed the things that I have sent your way.

Cheryl said...

That is some wonderful advice Carrie! Just think of how much happier we would be. I'm going to try and remember that! Hope you and family are having a great year. Love you all!