Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Get behind me Satan....

Why is it the devil smells a good thing and just has a party trying to stop all things good? 'Cause that's his job and he is doing a very good one around my neck of the woods lately. Good thing I've armoured myself with the Holy Sword and Shield.

It's amazing what a little time with God can do for a frazzled woman like me. Don't know about you, but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the Chrono Bible Daily Readings. It's like...wow...so that's where it all fits in. Just makes me giddy, knowing I know some stuff now about who is who and when they came and when they died. Hopefully my sometimers will dissipate so I can actually retain it all. Anybody with me here?

I'm all excited about a class we are starting at church for our teenage boys. Once the suggestion was made, all sorts of ideas came flooding my mind. Please pray that God's will be done. Hubby has agreed to help me. Our prayer is to be good examples before them and that God will speak through us so that they will hear His Word and not ours.

1 Peter 3:15, says "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear..."

This verse jumped off the pages of a magazine I was reading today. Without getting all apologetics, not that is a bad thing, just want to be able to defend my faith. Not argumentatively, but enough to plant a seed. God's Word will not return void. Help me pray that we can teach these guys that it's okay to say "no" to their peers and stand firm on the Word of God.

Get behind me Satan.....
Carrie

Please don't forget to enter to win the Daily Bible Reading Calendar. You've got until 1-18-09. Announcing winner on Monday, 1-19-09.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm with ya on retaining what I read!! God has opened my eyes in the last couple of years and made me realize just how much I need to read his word everyday b/c it is so easy to forget. Thanks for heading this Bible reading up, I haven't got a Chrono Bible yet but I can't wait to get one. I'm trying to keep up with my Bible.
Amen sister! Praying for our boys and their friends to STAND FIRM on God's Word.
Wendy

pallday said...

We are having the same thought..."get behind me Satan!" Trying so hard to stand firm on God's word and be an example for him. Pray for me...I'm praying for you!