Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No, It's not another You Tube.....

Guess you could tell I was on an Isaac's kick:) I just love their harmony! I have several CD's from which I listen to on the way to/from work. For weeks it may be Selah, then the Isaac's, then CD's with just a mixture of artists, etc. Sometimes I just randomly pick one asking God to lead. Oh and he does. I know some passersby think, "should I call the police on that crazy lady:)"

Needless to say the Isaac's have been the choice for me the past week or so!

There is just something about a good 'ole song that reaches way down into your soul and gives it a good stir.

And I was going to try and post something of substance here:)

Got a little side tracked with thoughts on my favorite songs!

What I had on my mind was, what do you do when you think you can't go one step further? When the world seems crashing down around you....keep on. Unexpected news comes that catches you off guard....keep on. Disappointment comes.....keep on.

Here is a quote I read the other day that sums it up, "If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, stand up. If you're lying down, sit up. If you can't sit up, wiggle your toes, but let the Devil know you're still in the game. By the grace of God, keep producing!"

Even though we don't all produce at the same level...we all must produce at some level. Remember you are only accountable for what God gives you! With God's spirit as your guide, there is no limit to what you can do!

With that said, our pastor presented something to a couple of our Sunday School Classes this past Sunday, that was an answered prayer for me and another teacher. I had asked her to be thinking of a project for the kids to somehow give back. She had been thinking along the same lines. A few weeks passed by and he just came up Sunday with something that had been on his heart for sometime now and wanted to know if we might be interested. Yes, Lord, Yes!

This something is Compassion. With the Lord's help and the willingness of the kids, teachers and parents, we are going to sponsor X # of children. What a way to give back. With God blessing us with so much, how can we not, share His love. I've added the Compassion widget at the top of the page, if you want to check it out for yourself.

My prayer is that God will use this to teach us about giving, and through His gift, these children and their families will come to know Him as their personal Saviour. Please pray for us as we start this new ministry.

Thank you Lord for your many blessings! And as the Psalmist said, "I shall be anointed with fresh oil!" Let this be my prayer too! Thank you for the refreshing Holy Spirit!

Carrie

1 comment:

Deedra said...

That's awesome! I began sponsoring a little girl in India about 4 years ago through Compassion....it's such an incredible blessing to get letters and pictures from her!

And as for quotes, this one is a favorite of mine:

"We don’t know much, but we know this: No matter where we are, no matter what we do, no matter how bleak or frightening our prospects, each and every one of us, each and every day, lies in the same safe and impregnable place—in the hollow of God’s hand."

-Tony Snow

and then of course:

"Be still and know that I am God"
Psalms 46:10