Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Monday, August 25, 2008



18 years ago today we were two kids who got married. As Hubby said this morning, "we've been married half of our lives." Yes, we were 18 then! Scares me to death now to think we married at such a young age. But, as longtime friends and dating through most of high school.....we knew we were ready to take the next step. I thank God for Hubby and the boys everyday and look forward to spending the rest of my life with the man I love!

Enough mushy gushy.....the wedding however was another story. Mom like to have killed herself planning for it....btw...we married on Mom's b-day:) I was nervous to say the least. Let's just say the camera man had smelling salts ready to bring me to, once I passed out on the stage:) Hubby held me tight and I somehow made it through. Cried like a baby! Which I was! Of course Hubby was steady as a rock. Which he still is!

On Monday of that week, I totaled my car in a head-on collision:) Thank God for concealer! Sore wasn't the word! And the week after the honey-moon, hubby totaled our borrowed car upside down in a creek. To which he came out with just a broke nose.....he fell asleep. Needless to say we started out with a BANG! Thank you Jesus!

Happy Anniversary Baby! Sing it with me now........Got you on my mind.......

Now on to the Birthday girl......

Happy Birthday Mom! Thanks for all your love and support. If only I could be half the Mom to my boys as you are to us. Always giving, never asking back. Even now with what you face everyday as you wait for a heart, I see the spirit within you to keep on giving. I love you more than words can say! I thank God for you!

Carrie

4 comments:

Shaunta said...

Y'all may have been young, but you were, and still are, in love! Too many young people get married for all the wrong reasons. You married for all the right ones and it has been a blessed marriage! Happy Anniversary! And Happy Birthday K!

pallday said...

Memories...sing it with me. I'll never forget that day...what a wedding! Happy Anniversary!! P.

K. Tilley said...

I remember very well Mary Murphree had the smelling stuff ready to charge to the front when you hit the ground. Brian and I had to stand up in the back. Thankfully, she didn't have to use it.

You and Hubby havn't changed a bit!!

sharon said...

Happy Anniversary
Love you both