Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hoodwinked


In case you were wandering, doubt that, but just in case.....we had us a little trip this past week.....hence my reason for not posting. We actually pulled one over on the boys. Our original plans were to just get in the car and drive. I couldn't quite get settled on that. Plans seem imperative for me. So in last ditch efforts I scramble on the web for the perfect 4-day get-a-way, close to home, and something the boys really love to do.

Golf.

I find a deal and forward to hubby, he approves and off we go. All the while the boys think we are on this horrid road trip with camping gear and golf clubs (just in case:). Amish country....yeah that's where we'll go. To that, they both stick their ipod ear buds in and roll their eyes:) lol!!! "Just great" they proclaim.

Hubby is having a blast with this one.

After about 2 hours of driving we reach our destination. Boys are clueless. One thing we didn't count on....son #1 is MapQuest. He knew we missed our exit to the Amish country. We deter them by stopping by our fav-o-rite Krispy Creme for a early morning snack. Again, we make another wrong turn according to MapQuestSon. Our wrong turn drove us straight to our place of stay. They both instantaneously say, "boy, this would be a nice place to stay and hey, there is a RTJ Golf course...man that would be awesome." I busted, could not contain myself any longer. We told them this is our place of stay and yes, you get to golf here. They were like, "no way."

Oh what fun!

I'll post some pics later.

Just checking back in.

Having blogging withdrawals:)

Ahhhh...I feel better now.

Carrie

P.S. I was the DH for golf. I drove the cart and was instructed on when to speak etc. I got a lot of shushing and be quiets:) Finally after the 3rd day.....3 very long, hot, 4 hour days......I managed to understand this game they call golf. They even let me keep score....well sometime. Par for the course:) I understand that statement alllllllll tooooo wellllllll:) now:)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like fun! I love to surprise my kids. Can't wait to see pics! Have a good week!

K. Tilley said...

Glad ya'll had fun and were able to get one up on the boys, I know they were thrilled. Your a much better mother than me, I would have never been able to stand the heat. Can't wait to see pictures!

Love ya!