Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Orator.....ton em:)

This should be no surprise to anyone who knows me. I have trouble with a capital T, in finding the right words to say. Heavens to Betsy, you add an audience in front of me....all you are going to get is.....blaaah, blubber, stammering, jumbling mess of words.



For example:



I'm calling Hubby at work, where he is the boss, and I ask the lady, "Hello, may I speak to Carrie:)"



Hello! Knock, knock, brain, or whatever is supposed to be occupying space in my head......where were you on that?



Thank goodness she is a nice lady who understands me:). Therefore, she and I had us a good laugh:)



Then there are times when I say waaaaay too much. To which I beat myself up for days over such ramblings. I need a muzzle! Seriously!



I would never intentionally want to say something to hurt or destroy. I pray daily for God to bridle my tongue and for me to let Him.



Back on a funnier note. The bunch of girls I'm blessed to sing with at church had a good laugh last night. Believe it or not, it wasn't at my expense this time. Dear friend S, has a touch of my wordiness. "Yelping" about John the Revelator. Who knew? All this time we should have been yelping about John's vision of the New Jerusalem. She really wasn't that far off. As young pups in Christ, shouldn't we cry out with a loud shrill, the wonderous works of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ? Amen!!



Then there are times I switch the letters of couples first names. IE....Muddy and Byra. Sorry Auntie M...I figured you wouldn't mind:) lol!!!



I've posted below the best of the best! Enjoy!!

Carrie

5 comments:

pallday said...

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer."
Psalm 19:14

P.

Joy Junktion said...

Hey Girl ~ Happy Belated 37th Birthday ~ I love the new 'du' and the new blog picture ~ It's so friendly and welcoming.

My '50th' in next Friday. I'm hoping for no boohooing from myself.

Have a great weekend.
Cindy

Deedra said...

Never fear, you are certainly not alone! I am well known for my ummm... mouthiness? tactlessness? I had to take down a former pastors wife (not A. G., one from a former church.) today at the beauty shop during Carters hair cut due to her continuous rambling about her stance on abortion. Let's just say it's not the same as mine. (I'm pro LIFE) I'll also say I had to educate her on the fact that the Koran is not just another print version of the Bible, like NIV or KJV.(I almost hit the floor when that was suggested!) I'm pretty sure that is the quietest it's been in that beauty shop well, EVER! lol! But I couldn't hold it in!

Deedra said...

oh yeah, and on an entirely different note..... I find myself saying Clammy & Tay all the time! LOL

Cheryl said...

You are so funny. I always love my visits here. BTW I have used the Muddie and Byra words a few times myself!!! to funny........