Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mrs. Stretch Armstrong


Why was stretch Armstrong a man versus a woman? I mean can men really stretch like that? I'm getting the strong part, but the stretching?
Stay with me here:)
I remember brother having one of these back when, and all he was interested in was what was on the inside. Like most typical little boys, he did just that...cut it open and to have this oooey, gooey, slimy mess ooze out. Fun! Or just stretch it too it's limits and it would break.
Now that's what I'm talking about. Stretched to the limit. And the next thing I know, this slimy mess of nothingness consumes me and spills out. Not good. How do I get myself to this point. Pulled in every direction, but getting no where!
If only.....
I would consult the Father on His way.
If only.....
I would be still and know the He is God.
If only....
I would take His hand and let Him lead.
I was reminded as of late how important it is for me to stop and smell the roses. I cannot be effective for Christ if I'm running on fumes. That must explain my 3 hour nap yesterday:) I cannot be a good wife, mother, sister, friend, if I'm spinning in circles. But...don't you just love those buts....with the school owning my boys and everything thing else they are involved in....where is the time to actually sniff a rose:) Much less find one in my yard that is still living, due to neglect on my part, because of yet once again...no time. I hear Mom speak of enjoying this time in my life, because once it's over..it's over. I know and understand that.
But still.....
"We make plans...but the Lord decides." Proverbs 16:9
Carrie

2 comments:

Joy Junktion said...

Hey Ms Stretch ~
It is part of being a woman, wife, mom, daughter, etc. ~ but your mom is right ~ you must find time to stop and smell the roses ~ somewhere in you day you need time with God ~ time for yourself ~ time for your husband and ~ time with your kids and family ~ when you figure out how to do it all ~ let me know! You are right in knowing that God first will make everything else happen.
Stretching with you!

Deedra said...

Girl, you are all over my toes with this one! Well said!