Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!


Today is Dad's 66th Birthday! I'm sure he would be fine with me telling his age. Like he would ever read this:) Those of you who know my Dad, know computer and Dad in the same sentence is just funny:) lol! Dad is not tech savvy at all. How to describe Dad?

Here are a few words that came to mind: .....Faith in God, Mom, kids/grandkids, church, neighbor, cows, competitor, disciplined, right, honest and hard-working. He loves to watch sports and played football on the college level at JSU. Something you may not have known about Dad, he taught school for a brief period at IHS, before he decided farming would be his life. He can squeeze a dollar out of a dime. A quality I didn't get from him:) lol!!! I'm sure Hubby wished I had:) lol!! Anyways, I admire him and His faith in God and how he always seeks peace in every situation. He may not outwardly show his love, but you know by his deeds. I'm proud to call him my Dad. He has really taken good care of Mom, but especially now during and since her heart attack.

And he can fall asleep in a blink of an eye........


Love you Dad! Happy Birthday!
Carrie

6 comments:

Shaunta said...

Happy Birthday B! He is such a hard worker, it's no wonder he falls asleep that easily! I think the only time I have ever seen him semi-still is church.

sharon said...

Tell Dad Happy Birthday. It is also Gail Bryant's BD

pallday said...

That's our dad. You described him perfectly. As you know sis, we love him dearly except when you have to work with him. lol!!

K. Tilley said...

Happy Birthday B.C.T.

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Mr T!! I remember his teaching days. People still talk about him keeping the clock for a very long time during basketball games! You are very blessed to have a man with such a great reputation! Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family. Tell Auntie M I said hello!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Dad would be so proud of this post...if he knew what a blog was!! LOL
Wendy