Everyone knows what common courtesty (CC) is, but do we really? Am I teaching my children to be nice at all times? Hopefully I can mark that a check yes on my list of parenting musts. But....do I? I hope I do. Bro. Steve mentioned in his sermon many times Sunday the old cliche of, "if you are going to talk the talk, then we need to walk the walk." Ooooohhh...ouch....
Needless to say I still have me some sore toes after that sermon.
In this world today, with all the hustle and bustle of life, then you throw Christmas in the mix...well, it seems it brings out the worst in me. That is a shame. Shame on me for letting what humans have capitalized on, get the best of me. Christmas is the season of new birth. A gift from God of........
Among all of these, the greatest being LOVE.
As I take a deep breathe and gather my bearings, I hope and pray that I will always go with a smile on my face and a kind word to say. And not let the stresses of the season sabotage my walk. Most importantly I do not want to disappoint my heavenly Father who came to earth to die for me.
I want to leave with a few good CC Rules that I read across this week.
(1) Go out of your way to speak to people. Proverbs 16:24
(2) Try to remember their names - it shows you value them.
(3) Smile; it increases your "face value."
(4) Be friendly and helpful. If you do, people will return it. Proverbs 18:24
(5) Show genuine interest. You can find something good in almost anybody, if you try. Php 4:8
(6)Be generous with your praise and cautious with your criticism.
(7) Be slow to judge. There are three sides to every story - your side, their side, and the right side.
(8) Instead of "using" others, serve them. Gal. 5:13
(9) Start trusting people-it builds lasting relationships.
(a) It speaks well of your parents. Mt 5:16
(b) It determines your level of blessing. I Peter 3:9
Just to clarify, I have 10 fingers pointing back at me, so in no way am I making accusations towards any specific person needing a lesson on CC. I know I am preaching to the choir, just sing along with me. It just seems when I look around, myself included, I see despondent faces everywhere. There is HOPE people! We are entering into a wonderful season where HOPE abounds. I pray that today I will lift my face toward the sky and remember this special time of the year as the most wonderful time of the year!
I just needed a refreshers course:) lol!!!