Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

"Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on" (Luke 12:22). "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Luke 12:31) "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Luke 12:34)

Wow....these words are ringing truer everyday. When we were hit with the news in 2006 of Mom having a heart attack, nothing else mattered....I mean nothing! But, as time went on, and she began to recover somewhat, I began to slack on the remembrance of what God had done and life went on.....getting caught up in the frenzy of life...and not seeking the kingdom of God like I should have. Now, with the news of heart transplant back on the table...I begin worrying, searching, praying harder again. Did you notice the order of my action? The old sin of worrying began. Shame on me! In Philippians 4:6-7, it says, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Don't get me wrong, I have and will always thank God for everything he has done in my life and will do in the future. It's just that I haven't been seeking the kingdom of God as fervently as I did/do when times get tough. I'm thankful that I serve such a loving and forgiving God! He knows my heart! And I have peace in knowing that!!

I'm thankful for my husband and children. My hubby is my best friend! He loves me even when I'm being unlovable:) My kids are the most precious gift from God. They make my heart swell everytime I think about them.

I'm thankful for my parents, siblings, in-laws, grandmother, aunt and cousins. We have such a great time together! I love you all dearly!!

I'm thankful for my friends and church family. You all have supported us through so many rough times in our lives...especially with Mom. Words could never express just how I feel about all of you. I hope that I can be such a friend to you, as you all have been to me!

Carrie

2 comments:

K. Tilley said...

You are truely a wonderful wife, mother and friend. You keep me grounded!! It's so nice to have a friendship that even among all our "issues" (ha) can still stand strong. I love you and all your family so much.

Cheryl said...

What a great Thankful Thursday list. It's always good to be thankful for our family. You have been blessed with a wonderful family. You have such a sweet heart my friend! Thanks for sharing your heart with us!!! God Bless!