Anxious. That seems to be the norm lately. On every hand there is some crisis, be it health, jobs or family/children, I sense that overwhelming feeling. It's the kind that will make you physically sick. But God's Word tells us not to be anxious about anything. Philippians 4:6
How fitting, again, that God sends the right devotion(s) my way. In fact, 4 whole days were devoted to just this. I want to encourage myself and everyone who is facing an insurmountable task before them, or facing sickness for themselves or loved ones, carry these promises from God's Word in your hand, hearts and mind:
1. Be strong and courageous. Be not afraid or dismayed...for there is...with us...our God to help us. 2Ch 32:7-8 AMP
2. I will rescue you...declares the Lord; you will not be handed over to those you fear. Jer 39:17 NIV
3. Fear not..When you pass through the waters...they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned. Isa 43:1-2 NKJV
4. Be not afraid or dismayed...for the battle is not yours, but God's. 2Ch 20:15 AMP
5. In the world you have....distress and frustration; but...(take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted)...I have...(deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you) Jn 16:33 AMP
6. Our fears for today...worries about tomorrow...even the powers of hell...nothing in all creation will...separate us from the love of God. Ro 8:38-39 NLT
It's up to us how we handle our fears. Fear is a good thing. Fear should be a healthy respect that produces positive reactions/outcomes.
Praying for all those listed on the prayer request bulletin at church, and for others who were not.
A little update on Mom: she has a cold and will be in B'ham tomorrow for her monthly appointments at the transplant unit. So, we are believing this "cold" won't turn into anything more serious and all is well.
Love and prayers,