Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Friday, February 6, 2009

When you need a little help from a friend.....

Something from today's Word pulled a heart string or ten for me.

Exodus 17:11-13, NLT

11 As long as Moses held up the staff in his hand, the Israelites had the advantage. But whenever he dropped his hand, the Amalekites gained the advantage. 12 Moses’ arms soon became so tired he could no longer hold them up. So Aaron and Hur found a stone for him to sit on. Then they stood on each side of Moses, holding up his hands. So his hands held steady until sunset. 13 As a result, Joshua overwhelmed the army of Amalek in battle.
Gave me goose bumps. How many times have I faced obstacles, trials, been grief stricken, or was carrying a huge burden and have my family/friends hold my hands for me. When we are ready to throw the towel in and revert back to Egypt, here comes the sisters, food in tow:), and all seems well again. They know exactly what to say, when to say it and will hold you up till you are back on your feet again.
Or, better yet, they will stand in the gap for you and face your enemy with much prayer. When you have friends/family that will stand with you against the wiles of the devil, without ceasing, you can overcome!
I'm thankful God knew that we needed a support system. We cannot travel this road alone. With God as my helper and my family/friends at my side, the valleys don't seem as low!
Making a u-turn here, IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST MAKING SURE YA'LL KNEW IT WAS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SURVIVED THE AUDIT!!!!!
And for some reason this song just popped in my head, "Standing on the promises of God." Maybe you needed to sing it with me today:) lol!! Scroll down and sing with Alan Jackson. Your welcome. Now that you can't get it out of your head......lol!!!!
Carrie

4 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

Preach it sister!!! What would do without the love and support from our friends and family. I could have never made it through so much by myself. Thank you Lord for our Christian friends!

Wendy L said...

Well said and so very true. I realize how much I need my family and friends more and more everyday. Everything else just simply doesn't matter. Thanks for being one of those friends I can come to with anything and I hope you know to do the same! Love ya!

Cheryl said...

Amen girl! I need my family and friends more than words could ever say! Things go a lot smoother when you have friends praying for ya! Thanks for a great post!

Brooke and David said...

This post really spoke to me! It brought light to my day when it seemed so dark. If you could, please say a little prayer for me..times are really difficult and trying for me!