Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring has sprung....

In random order these events occurred this week.........



First and foremost the most wonderful event of the week........Mr. Hayden Tilley from Life is Good was saved Wednesday night. When his Mom, my dear friend, KT, called the next morning, needless to say, there were no words to explain the joy I felt in my heart. For those of you who know him, know his is the cutest, most wise, young man. He has a big heart and loves life. You can see that on his face each time he smiles! I'm so proud of him and I'm looking forward to Sunday!!!!!!! Leave him a comment today of encouragement of being a young convert!



Wow we've made it to day 79 on the daily Bible readings!! Give yourself a high five;-) I'm current now:) This week I've had to play some catch up....because as you all know...life happens and I'm just trying to keep up....which causes me to play catch up on everything from reading my daily Bible readings to folding the mountain of clothes piled in the...I would love to say laundry room, but that wouldn't be the truth....the couch would be more truthful. Am I the only one who dumps them on the couch? I figured if they can't sit on the couch for the clothes they might fold them. Advice....it doesn't work:) lol!



Sorry about the derail there.....



back to the daily Bible readings......sorry for all the .......



I'm loving the, "if you's, then you will's." Easy for me to say, sitting here not having to eat manna and offering the right animal, celebrate the right feast at the right time, etc. God's Word plainly states that if we obey the Lord, then life will much easier. He doesn't promise us a bed of roses. Trials will come, that's when we dig a little deeper in the storehouse of love. Don't disobey the Lord and take the broad road; narrow leads to the gate. We can be a successful prosperous Christian! The world doesn't teach that. Don't be deceived!



Among all the regular ball stuff and duties of being a Mom, I managed to have my singing buddies over for practice and food.





And a little fun!



For my, what is proving to be, weekly Friday post, that's a wrap! Until next time....hoping you got a little more spring in your step today!

Carrie

4 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

Loving that portrait of beauty! LOL
Nothing better than fun, singing, and food. Isn't that what makes us Good Baptist! LOL

pallday said...

You girls are crazy! Went by your house and saw everyone and J begged me to stopped...we should have. Looks like ya'll were having a blast.

So proud of you, H. Just praising God and can't wait until Sunday. You are a special young man and I will be praying for you.

K. Tilley said...

Food, Fun, Friends and Singing! Sounds like my kind of night, especially Food!!!

I am thankful for friends like all ya'll who have helped lead and set Godly examples for my child. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.....God is Good!

Cheryl said...

I am so proud of Hayden! K is right, he has had such good friends that have helped lead and set Godly examples for him, along with his family. Hope to see ya in the morning girl! I have been busy so haven't got to visit your blog recently, I have missed you! Love YA!