Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Update on Mom

If I had another title to this post, it would be, " To God be the glory." That's exactly how I feel today. Mom is getting antsy. This is day 6 in the hospital. The place on her arm that is infected is looking better. She is hoping that maybe today is the day. Yesterday wouldn't have been soon enough for her.

As I was reading my devotion this morning, as usual, it was very timely. John 11:4, NKJV says, "That the Son of God may be glorified through it." We may not understand the whys of this world, but I do know that "God's time" is always "on time." He waits for two reasons: 1) that He may be glorified, and 2) that our faith may be strengthened.

I can praise Him this morning for allowing Mom to have lived through the heart attack and for the knowledge He has given man to perform heart transplants. I can praise Him for the length of time she had the previous pic line in...15 months...a record for her doctors. There is so much that speaks, "God", when I look back over the past 2 1/2 years .

So today I want to stand in the gap for Mom and encourage her. I want her to feel His presence so strong today. His grace is sufficient.

Carrie

3 comments:

Joy Junktion said...

I stopped by today to check up on your mom ~ so glad to hear she is doing well ~ prayerfully she will be home soon!!!!

Leigh Anne said...

So glad your mom is doing better. I know she's one person who doesn't like to be still for long much less stuck in bed.

Sue said...

Good news that your Mom is feeling better and her infection is improving! I am loving your praises to our Lord today Carrie and I rejoice with you!