Small Town Living

The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How to De-Stem Strawberries!





Don't you just love strawberries!! Hubby and I do!! My sweet SIL stopped at my cousin M's Strawberry Farm and picked me up some.







So here is what WFMW tip I got from them:







As we...yes Hubby helped me...... prepare these berries.....the tip was a success. And here it goes:




Items needed:




1) Drinking Straw




2) Freezer bags




How to:




1) Don't wash them. Wipe dirt...if needed.




2) Push straw from bottom of berry up through the stem. Tada!




3) You are now ready to put them in a freezer bag for future use!







Now for the bestest part:)




1) I fried up some frozen waffles this morning in a tid bit of olive oil;




2) Poured some warm syrup over them (2 that is);




3) Squirted some cool whip in a can on top of the syrup, that was on top of the waffles;




4) Throwed some strawberries on top of all of that;




5) Garnished with some walnuts!




I was going to show you a picture of that scrumptious breakfast we had this morning....but, I had it ate before I could take the pic. Sorry:) lol!!!!!!!!!!!!




Now, if you need some of these berries....Gilbert Strawberry Farm - Strawberries Hwy 40 East, Henagar, AL 35978. Phone: (256) 657-5581. Directions: Approx 1/4 mi. east of the Henagar red light on Hwy 40 E, Co Rd 134. Open: Mon-Sat, 7 am to until dusk. We pick April 20 to May then we open for U-Pick in June. Call for pricing.


Now go and get 'em while they are fresh!


Happy Day to you!


Carrie

1 comment:

Gettysburg Mom said...

I'm a little slow this morning...sorry- but what does the straw do? De-stem them?